One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for pintado petrel
- ‘Wandering albatrosses, Wilson's stormy petrels, Cape petrels and brown-browed albatrosses (try saying that quickly!) kept us entertained us with their flights across the waves.’
- ‘A couple of Australasian gannets, white-fronted terns, and two Cape petrels put in an appearance.’
- ‘They are often called Cape pigeons because they peck at the surface of the water (like a pigeon pecks at the ground) to get squid, krill, and fish.’
- ‘The population and breeding status of Cape petrel is satisfactory.’
- ‘But also additional data on the breeding ecology of the Snow petrel, the Cape petrel and the South polar skua will be collected.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.