One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of rich, soft, creamy cheese with a whitish rind, originally made near Camembert in Normandy.
- ‘My parents declined starters, but I went for an old favourite, deep fried Camembert and Brie with cranberry sauce - two crispy triangles of melted cheese in breadcrumbs, which were tasty.’
- ‘A good Brie or Camembert with a hunk of fresh bread makes a fine lunch.’
- ‘A selection of fine cheeses, including Boursin with herb and garlic, Camembert and Louraine was appreciated by everyone.’
- ‘The best dessert, from the truffle perspective, is a little wedge of Camembert served over a layer of oiled black truffles.’
- ‘‘The next time you enjoy some Camembert cheese, please give a thought to me,’ she said.’
- ‘Now it has a Caribbean flavour, with jerk chicken and saltfish ousting the baguettes and Camembert.’
- ‘Coulommiers has the same barnyard-like smell that is delectably appetizing in Camembert and indicative of a truly ripe Brie, but is a bit more pungent.’
- ‘The only thing left I have to try is my juicy hunk of Camembert.’
- ‘Gone is Brie and Camembert and that lovely, inexpensive Beaujolais which goes so well with chicken.’
- ‘At the beginning of its ripening, Camembert is crumbly and soft and gets creamier over time.’
- ‘Sometimes the cheese slightly liquifies upon the tongue coating it with its flavors, be it the sharpness of a blue cheese, or the tangy-creaminess of a good Camembert cheese.’
- ‘I started my feast with a half-disc of Camembert that was breaded and fried, served with a side of cranberry sauce.’
- ‘The award was a small wheel of Camembert on a ribbon the Dalmatian proudly wore around his neck the rest of the evening.’
- ‘This was followed by bay scallops wrapped in phyllo with Camembert, which were fabulously rich, and presented on a small rectangular plate.’
- ‘Soft cheeses such as Brie, feta, Camembert, and Mexican queso fresco may have bacteria that can cause infections.’
- ‘Avoid soft cheeses such as Brie, feta, Camembert, Roquefort and Mexican-style, unless they are labeled as made with pasteurized milk’
- ‘There are ideas for a lazy Sunday brunch, like bruschetta with ratatouille and Camembert, a great layered fajita for picnics, and lots of polenta ideas.’
- ‘Neufchâtel is made by a variant of the usual French soft cheese process used for Camembert and similar varieties.’
- ‘For 24 hours solid I stared at that Camembert; I even sprinkled pepper on it in desperation.’
- ‘If you can't resist cheese, opt for soft, rinded varieties like Brie or Camembert.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.