One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salad typically consisting of cos lettuce and croutons served with a dressing containing olive oil, lemon juice, raw egg, parmesan cheese, and seasonings.‘a formal repast of prime rib, wild rice, and Caesar salad’
- ‘Either side of the lamb I'm suggesting you serve a classic Caesar salad and a wonderful chocolate marquise.’
- ‘The best Caesar salads I've made involve a food processor in which you blend garlic, anchovies and olive oil and you get deliciousness.’
- ‘You cannot have a Caesar salad without croutons!’
- ‘Romaine is the signature green of Caesar salads.’
- ‘The most basic corner-restaurant items, like the lemony Caesar salad, the tender burger, and the crisp matchstick fries are all items anyone would be delighted to find around the corner from their house.’
- ‘The Caesar salad with herb croutons and parmesan salad passed the test too.’
- ‘The things I can manage are omelettes, Caesar salads and macaroni-and-cheese.’
- ‘He plays with his Caesar salad, glumly spearing croutons or else sweeping one of those supremely talented hands through his heavy flick of a fringe.’
- ‘But actually, he liked his Caesar salad and club sandwich.’
- ‘The traditional Caesar salad is served perfectly, with a chilled gold fork, and chilled lettuce.’
- ‘‘Here's your Caesar salad with Italian dressing and no croutons and your Maine Lobster with hash browns and a glass of milk,’ she said while handing Trey his order.’
- ‘My dad's tastes are so sure, so stagnant that predicting his level of satisfaction at any place that doesn't serve Caesar salad, steak, and creamed spinach takes little effort.’
- ‘She even fed him croutons from the Caesar salad we had with dinner.’
- ‘You have to admire a kitchen that can turn out a proper Caesar salad with real-deal croutons and a nice anchovy bite, unburdened by the usual overload of dressing and Parmesan.’
- ‘We thanked him again, and then we proceeded to order an appetizer of fried calamari, a Caesar salad that we could split and our meals.’
- ‘It's like eating a New York strip steak, a Caesar salad, and a baked potato with butter.’
- ‘Dad and Michael were more enthusiastic about their Caesar salads: ‘it has great flavor,’ said dad.’
- ‘You'll also find corn-bread croutons in your Caesar salad, and a helping of hickory-smoked barbecue ribs, served as a dainty appetizer, with relish made from Bartlett pears.’
- ‘She has recipes for their Caesar salad and their lobster roll, I think.’
- ‘The savory wild meat meal consisted of bannock, white fish, salmon, moose, shish kebabs, pasta salad, Caesar salad, and baked potatoes with fruit tarts for dessert.’
Named after Caesar Cardini, the Italian-born restaurateur who invented it in 1924.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.