Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in the UK) chartered engineer.
- ‘To apply for CEng or IEng status, candidates are required to submit a Portfolio of Evidence and undertake a Professional Review Interview.’
- ‘Specifically the UK Spec competence standards required for CEng, and see how you think they apply to you.’
- ‘If you gain an Honours degrees in SE, CS, AI & CS, AI & SE, CS & E or SE & E, including the Professional Issues course, and pass the CS4 project, then you are eligible for CEng accreditation and exemption from Parts I and II of the British Computer Society Examinations.’
- ‘With certain limited exceptions, applicants must have an academic qualification which has been accredited for CEng or IEng by one of the Engineering Institutions.’
- ‘Guy Hindley, CEng, F.ICE, is the project director for the Egnatia highway project for KBR in Thessaloníki, Greece.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.