One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘triggering the CDS might even help Europe reduce the risk of contagion in the months ahead’short for credit default swapas modifier ‘the lack of transparency in the CDS market has been harmful’
- ‘In a disturbing new trend, international banks are creating syndicated credit facilities that "weaponise" credit default swaps (CDS) by using the trading price of a borrower's CDS to set the interest rate paid by the borrower.’
- ‘Corporate bond spreads generally widened slightly, with auto bond and CDS spreads moderately wider this week.’
- ‘Everything became a "crowded trade" - from equities, to junk, to converts, to CDS, to MBS, to manic homebuying.’
- ‘Recently, it was reported that banks have started tying commercial loan interest rates to the price of a borrower's CDS.’
- ‘My impression is that most CDS agreements run three to five years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.