Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Consumer-to-consumer, denoting transactions conducted via the Internet between consumers.
- ‘Nevertheless, typical C2C online marketplace sites are not doing their roles.’
- ‘For more information on the various weird and wonderful artworks along the C2C route visit the artworks page.’
- ‘In the case of a C2C auction, the auction website acts more as a trading centre or venue where (depending upon the manner in which the auction is structured) the operator of the auction website is not a party to the actual sale and purchase of the auctioned goods.’
- ‘The above reputation model has been tested in a C2C auction simulation system in this research.’
- ‘Only registered members will be allowed to buy and sell in this C2C auction system.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.