One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drug prepared from botulin, used medically to treat certain muscular conditions and cosmetically to remove wrinkles by temporarily paralysing facial muscles.
- ‘Too old or too slow, it's time for these perennial contenders to admit they need more than Botox to get rid of their wrinkles.’
- ‘Most of the clients that take a seat in the make-up chair don't expect cosmetic help to the point of Botox or collagen injections.’
- ‘The Botox gets rid of wrinkles by relaxing the muscles that contract and crease the skin.’
- ‘Some physicians are using Botox to treat facial wrinkles that aren't caused by frowning.’
- ‘Introduced here in 1994, Botox is injected to paralyse the muscles in the forehead, round the eyes or in the neck.’
1990s: from botulinum toxin.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.