One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An American dish of baked beans with salt pork and molasses.
- ‘The dish which inspired the canning of this product was Boston baked beans.’
- ‘Adding a teaspoon to a cream soup or drizzling a few drops around a plate can add a complex sweetness to traditional dishes such as Boston baked beans.’
- ‘In the Northeast, beans were stewed with maple syrup and bacon to make classic Boston baked beans, which are actually a variation on a Native American bean dish stewed with venison.’
- ‘The New England kitchen was staffed by costumed guides who served visitors Boston baked beans and brown bread.’
- ‘The Bush Burrito has chicken with Texas hickory sauce, while the Kerry one has Boston baked beans and Heinz 57 sauce.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.