One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small terrier of a breed with rough hair, originating in the Cheviot Hills.
- ‘For Mrs Barlow, who lives in Ravenstonedale with her husband Dick and three Border terriers, the publication marks the achievement of a long-held ambition.’
- ‘The grounds will also contain accommodation for Stewart's seven Border terriers, as he is a well-known local dog breeder.’
- ‘George's love of walking started as a medical student in the Yorkshire Dales, and on his return from east Africa he started a habit of daily walks, which he maintained, usually accompanied by his much loved Border terriers.’
- ‘All things considered I would say a Border terrier would make an ideal family dog and if you've got any rats about the place it would very soon get rid of them.’
- ‘In Great Britain, where the breed originated, and in the Scandinavian countries the Border terrier enjoys great popularity, both in the show ring and on the farm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.