One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a system of algebraic notation used to represent logical propositions by means of the binary digits 0 (false) and 1 (true), especially in computing and electronics.
- ‘Indeed, today, all computers are based on Boolean algebra, another example that mathematics is often a hundred years ahead of its time.’
- ‘During this time he published three papers on Boolean logic and one on probability.’
- ‘As an example, consider the AND function from Boolean algebra.’
- ‘The program gives the user plenty of 3D tools including true Boolean operations.’
- ‘Fundamental to these operations are electronic gates for handling Boolean logic.’
- ‘Previously, users could construct limited Boolean queries using drop-down menus.’
- ‘Only one participant used explicit Boolean operators (in this case ‘AND’).’
- ‘Table 6 shows actors' strategies transformed into Boolean equations.’
- ‘You can use Boolean functions to create custom objects by adding, subtracting, or intersecting two objects together.’
- ‘Then in 1934 he published two papers on Boolean algebras.’
- ‘It began the algebra of logic called Boolean algebra which now finds application in computer construction, switching circuits etc.’
- ‘It was based on using Boolean algebra with computer circuitry.’
- ‘We want to get rid of all this Boolean query stuff.’
- ‘In addition to his work on semigroups, number theory and finite fields, Schwarz contributed to the theory of non-negative and Boolean matrices.’
- ‘Search can now handle full-nested Boolean queries.’
- ‘He continued his work showing how Boolean algebra could be used to synthesise and simplify relay switching circuits.’
- ‘He did this in particular with submarine attack and navigation, employing Boolean algebra.’
- ‘One of the more interesting things that you can do with Boolean gates is to create memory with them.’
- ‘Developing a search strategy (choosing relevant terms and applying Boolean logic) before beginning a search is the single most important step in searching.’
- ‘Devoting resources to Boolean training for their employees and to an assisted search interface for their website could be a valuable investment.’
A binary variable that can have one of two possible values, 0 (false) or 1 (true).
- ‘Another general algebraic notion which applies to Boolean algebras is the notion of a free algebra.’
- ‘Its search defaults to a Boolean AND and supports phrase searching with quotation marks.’
- ‘The full Boolean is available from the main page search box and supports nesting.’
- ‘There are two types of options, Boolean (true/false) options and those that take a value.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.