Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A peer-to-peer file transfer protocol for sharing large amounts of data over the Internet, in which each part of a file downloaded by a user is transferred to other users.
- ‘On the upside, my music collection has expanded a fair bit, thanks to a brilliant program called BitTorrent.’
- ‘You can probably grab the aforementioned episodes off bittorrent, or in their show notes.’
- ‘The greater concern is about music downloaded over Limewire or BitTorrent.’
- ‘Not surprisingly, the first edition of the build to hit BitTorrent was a 64-bit Chinese edition.’
- ‘In addition, the great demon of bandwidth usage bittorrent actually makes the network more efficient.’
Early 21st century: blend of bit and torrent.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.