One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One of the Bihari group of languages, spoken by some 20 million people in western Bihar and eastern Uttar Pradesh.
- ‘Hindi, Bhojpuri, and Maithili are widely spoken in the Terai.’
- ‘Equally at ease with singing in Punjabi, Hindi, Gujarati, Bhojpuri and even Arabic, Harjeet says he learnt to survive early on in his career by never saying no.’
- ‘They were taken aback when he talked back in fluent Bhojpuri!’
- ‘Arabic, Yoruba, Bhojpuri, Urdu and other languages are used in religious contexts, and the traditional Christmas music called parang is sung in Spanish.’
- ‘The tradition is still popular in countries such as Mauritius and Guyana, which have Bhojpuri communities in substantial numbers, as well as in 18 Indian states.’
- ‘I know some Bhojpuri songs that are not even remembered in India.’
- ‘The Bhojpuri songs are still sung, albeit with local influences.’
- ‘And they showed him where they belong to with their music that was a harmonious mix of Bhojpuri, African, Latino and even Bollywoodi!’
- ‘Bhalla added that French, English, Hindi and Bhojpuri languages were also spoken apart from Creole by the 12 lakh people of this nation.’
- ‘Since she does not know any language except Bhojpuri, it will definitely add a lot of charm.’
- ‘While English is the official language, French, Creole, Bhojpuri and Urdu are widely spoken.’
- ‘Other languages include Maithili, Bhojpuri, Tharu, Tamang, Newari, and Abadhi.’
- ‘During my concerts in the United States the audience wanted me to sing in Bhojpuri.’
- ‘‘This is the first time there is a Bhojpuri pop song, with no double meanings,’ he assures.’
- ‘If you knew a few prayers - in Bhojpuri, not Sanskrit - you said you were a Brahmin.’
- ‘He released baithak gana and ghazal albums, and popularised Bhojpuri music all over the Caribbean.’
- ‘The Indians came from Eastern Uttar Pradesh and Western Bihar, an area known as Bhojpuri's Belt - Bhojpuri being a regional dialect of Hindi.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.