Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A rich, white, mild, creamy cheese of a kind originally made in Italy.
- ‘Although it bears a different shape (appearing as wheels or medallions), Bel Paese actually acts and tastes quite similar to Mozzarella.’
- ‘Below is a list of Wisconsin businesses that produce Bel Paese.’
- ‘Try Bel Paese in pasta sauces or melted with a little milk or panna and tossed with risotto.’
- ‘Literally, ‘beautiful country’, Bel Paese got it's name from the name of a book by the cheesemaker's friend.’
- ‘The mild flavor of the anchovies blends beautifully with Bel Paese cheese and capers.’
Italian, literally fair country.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.