One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tailless macaque monkey that is native to north-western Africa and also found on the Rock of Gibraltar.
Macaca sylvana, family Cercopithecidae
- ‘Chris travels to Gibraltar to encounter the only free-living primates in Europe, Barbary apes, and joins a research boat to go dolphin watching around the bay.’
- ‘But his real favorite was Gibraltar, where he mixed with his own kind, the Barbary apes.’
- ‘Love them or hate them, you simply have to take a tour to the Upper Rock to see the famous Barbary apes who live in a semi-wild state.’
- ‘The Rock itself has an uplifting natural beauty, stunning wildlife and those curious, but worldly, star celebrities - the cute, cheeky, tail-less Barbary apes called Macaques.’
- ‘For example, you absolutely must take a tour to the Upper Rock to see the famous Barbary apes, which live there in a semi-wild state.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.