One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Bed and breakfast.
- ‘This first time tourist experiment seems to be really working and for the seven farmhouse B. & B.'s it means they are busy in what might normally be a quiet time in June and September.’
- ‘Apparently in Norway the B. & B. business is not that well organised so Mary was able to give the Norweigan visitors some guidelines.’
- ‘The Irish Farmhouse Holidays Association is the oldest B. & B. Association in the country.’
- ‘The owner of the B. & B. is also enraged and cannot understand why the council put the cart before the horse by not providing a free car park in the town before introducing parking charges.’
- ‘Mary operated her B. & B. venture at Convent Road, Claremorris for long years and many young gardai arriving in town spent their first few weeks being looked after by Mrs. Tuohy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.