One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Bed and breakfast.
- ‘Mary operated her B. & B. venture at Convent Road, Claremorris for long years and many young gardai arriving in town spent their first few weeks being looked after by Mrs. Tuohy.’
- ‘The Irish Farmhouse Holidays Association is the oldest B. & B. Association in the country.’
- ‘Apparently in Norway the B. & B. business is not that well organised so Mary was able to give the Norweigan visitors some guidelines.’
- ‘This first time tourist experiment seems to be really working and for the seven farmhouse B. & B.'s it means they are busy in what might normally be a quiet time in June and September.’
- ‘The owner of the B. & B. is also enraged and cannot understand why the council put the cart before the horse by not providing a free car park in the town before introducing parking charges.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.