Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Bachelor of Music.
- ‘Finalist in the Maazel-Vilar Conductors' Competition 2002 in Carnegie Hall, she was the first person in Venezuela to receive the BMus in orchestral conducting.’
- ‘I suppose technically, my having a BMus makes me a musician but I think I'll just go for ‘music student’ because at least that's self deprecating - more my style.’
- ‘He also holds an MSc and a BMus in Jazz Performance from McGill.’
- ‘Or just email for a chat unless you are a snotty post-grad columnist who thinks she's better than me just because she started her BMus about the same time I did School Cert.’
- ‘Anyway, he can proudly write the letters LRAM, BMus, PGDipRAM behind his name.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.