One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sacred texts of Zoroastrianism, compiled in the 4th century.
- ‘During the reign of the Medes, the Iranians adopted the Babylon Cuneiform symbols and later they created the Avesta and Pahlavi scripts using Arami scripts.’
- ‘The major tenets of the faith were put forth in a book called the Avesta.’
- ‘The Zend Avesta prophesied that Messiah's Star would bein Virgo.’
- ‘According to the Avesta, Ahura Mazda has no shape, form or colour and, is an invisible power from which emanates light and goodness.’
- ‘Zoroastrian Archives Yasna, Avesta, and other texts, some in multilingual translations.’
- ‘In the Avesta, Thraetaona slays the three-headed, three-mouthed, six-eyed dragon, Azi Dahaka.’
- ‘Just as the Vedas' Mitra is related to Varua, so the Mithra of the Persian Avesta is related to Ahura Mazda.’
- ‘A few hundred feet away is another temple - rectangular shaped without any carvings - once a fire temple and a resting place of the Avesta, the Zoroastrian Holy Scriptures.’
- ‘Jupiter was again inthe constellation Virgo as the Zend Avesta predicted, when thisoccurred on 25 th December in 2 BC.’
- ‘Hinduism developed from the Vedic tradition in India and Zoroastrianism out of the early Aryan religion and mythology expressed eventually in the Avesta in Iran.’
- ‘The Avesta tells us that the Fravashi is inherent in every animate and inanimate object of Nature and helps in its development.’
- ‘But the usage jars, since in their own cultures the Avesta, Vedas, and Tripitaka are conceived as oral, not written, texts.’
- ‘This is a treasure trove of Avesta, Pahlavi and Pazend manuscripts.’
- ‘He considered the Koran, the Bible, the Zend Avesta, the Vedas and other religious texts as equally 'divinely inspired'.’
- ‘Similarly, rice is not known to the Rigveda and the Avesta, while it is present in several Harappan sites within and outside the Indus valley.’
- ‘There was a hymn to Mithra in the Zarathustrian holy work, the Avesta.’
- ‘The Ossetians of today, descendants of ancient Northern Iranians, predominantly resemble northern Iranians and Europeans and speak an archaic Iranian language (like the Avesta of the Zoroastrians).’
- ‘In the Avesta (Zoroastrian scriptures), this yasna is placed between the first and the second Gatha in order to give it prominence and credibility.’
- ‘The Vedas are the divinely revealed and most revered scriptures, sruti, of Hinduism, likened to the Torah, Bible New Testament, Koran or Zend Avesta.’
- ‘In the Zoroastrian Avesta, a mountain called Hara stands at the center of the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.