Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A blind made from ruched fabric, which extends about a third of the way down a window.
- ‘The style of the Austrian blinds is cloudlike with its puffy, billowy look.’
- ‘An Austrian blind, such as that in the photo to the right, can be raised and lowered using a pull-cord.’
- ‘The Austrian blinds are the most decorative of the three styles.’
- ‘The Austrian blind uses much more material, so that even when the shade is lowered to cover the window, there are scalloped folds covering the full length of the blind.’
- ‘They are softer than Roman blinds but more tailored than Austrian blinds with the fullness coming from inverted pleats.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.