One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of football played on an oval ground with an oval ball by teams of eighteen players.
- ‘Unlike their male counterparts, the women compete against teams from all Australian Rules football-playing states and the standard of play will only improve with the experience.’
- ‘Power admitted he didn't find the game ‘that physical,’ even though he accepts that side of the game is second nature to Australian Rules players.’
- ‘In Australia his sport was rugby and Australian Rules football.’
- ‘I remember my under 14's coach repeating time and time again that Australian Rules is a team sport.’
- ‘Here is a list of my favourite things I love to see at a game of Australian Rules.’
- ‘In Australian Rules, every time a goal is kicked the ball is returned to the centre of the field and bounced again to restart the game.’
- ‘Melbourne hosts up to five top class games of Australian Rules every weekend during the season, which runs from March to September.’
- ‘Gary helps his local Australian Rules football team win the championship by accident.’
- ‘Played under Compromise Rules, the game was one-half under Gaelic Rules and one-half under Australian Rules and the oval ball.’
- ‘My dad, who was hopeless at cricket, played Australian Rules football to a very high standard and, from the age of six, I often went along to watch him train.’
- ‘In season, I follow Australian Rules and Rugby League with a keen interest.’
- ‘This section of the paper will provide information concerning collective bargaining agreements in Australian Rules football, soccer, rugby union, and cricket.’
- ‘I played my first ever game of Australian Rules football on the Foundry Ground in Kalgoorlie.’
- ‘Are they still relevant to the games of Australian Rules and Rugby League?’
- ‘Tasmanian friends remember him as a keen, if rowdy, Australian Rules football player who thought nothing of sprinting the length of the field to support his team-mates in a melee.’
- ‘He is not only one of the finest players, and coaches, in the history of Australian Rules, he is also one of its most constructive thinkers and finest ambassadors.’
- ‘Victoria is also ‘footy’ country, and Melbourne is the capital for Australian Rules football, a fast-paced game played on an oval.’
- ‘Last I heard, he was playing in the British Australian Rules Football League in London.’
- ‘In the southern and western states of Australia: Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart - there is the game of Australian Rules football.’
- ‘This was a wonderful game of Australian Rules football.’
The game dates from 1858. Players may run with the ball if they touch it to the ground every fifteen metres, and may pass it in any direction by punching. There are both inner and outer goalposts: a behind (between the outer posts) scores one point and a goal (between the inner posts) scores six
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.