One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bottle.‘it was his fourth for the morning by the look of the three empty aristotles rolling around on the car floor’
- ‘I have several dozen aristotles of beer in the shed.’
- ‘He told the accused that he was going to arrest them. Regan said. "Oh, are you?" and called out. "Pass me an 'Aristotle.'"’
- ‘We got a couple of aristotles in the fridge, mum?’
- ‘There was a time when you could go to your local bottle shop and order an Aristotle of the amber fluid.’
- ‘We make money from your empty Aristotles.’
- ‘Seein' as I knows 'ow y're partial to the stuff, I thought I brin' y' an Aristotle.’
- ‘We had a couple of pints and an Aristotle of wine and dinner.’
(384–322 BC), Greek philosopher and scientist.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.