One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bottle.‘it was his fourth for the morning by the look of the three empty aristotles rolling around on the car floor’
- ‘There was a time when you could go to your local bottle shop and order an Aristotle of the amber fluid.’
- ‘We had a couple of pints and an Aristotle of wine and dinner.’
- ‘I have several dozen aristotles of beer in the shed.’
- ‘Seein' as I knows 'ow y're partial to the stuff, I thought I brin' y' an Aristotle.’
- ‘We got a couple of aristotles in the fridge, mum?’
- ‘We make money from your empty Aristotles.’
- ‘He told the accused that he was going to arrest them. Regan said. "Oh, are you?" and called out. "Pass me an 'Aristotle.'"’
(384–322 BC), Greek philosopher and scientist.
A pupil of Plato and tutor to Alexander the Great, he founded a school (the Lyceum) outside Athens. He is one of the most influential thinkers in the history of Western thought and his work was central to Islamic and Christian medieval philosophy. His surviving works cover a vast range of subjects, including logic, ethics, metaphysics, politics, natural science, and physics
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.