One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounChristian Theology
The main heresy denying the divinity of Christ, originating with the Alexandrian priest Arius (c.250–c.336). Arianism maintained that the son of God was created by the Father and was therefore neither coeternal nor consubstantial with the Father.
- ‘The council boldly claimed this as the faith of the Church and named Arianism as a heresy and Arians as heretics.’
- ‘Opposing all forms of Arianism, which denied Christ's divinity, Athanasius taught that Christ the Son, and likewise the Holy Spirit, were of the same being as God the Father.’
- ‘In the meantime, the main heresy condemned at the council, Arianism, became ascendant and almost triumphed over orthodoxy.’
- ‘It is also true that the reaction against Arianism diminished interest in the humanity of Christ - an imbalance that constantly needs correction.’
- ‘This is quite different from the concentration on Proverbs 8: 22 during the early theological controversy of Arianism.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.