One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of strong, light nylon fibre used chiefly in making carpets and upholstery.
- ‘Carpets of Antron ® are made exclusively with type 6,6 nylon.’
- ‘One advantage of choosing a carpet made with Antron ® nylon fiber is that the fiber allows for a wider range of color choices, says Ryan.’
- ‘To introduce the site - which offers 11 in-stock materials, including generic nylons, Cordura [R] nylons, Antron [R] nylons and microfiber activewear fabrics - 3,000 invitations were sent to Tapetex customers and potential customers.’
- ‘Because carpets of Antron ® resist dirt better than other fibers, cleaning costs over the life of the carpet typically are significantly lower.’
- ‘In those cases, carpets of Antron ® are cost-effective, as they continue to look and wear well, longer than carpets of other fiber systems.’
1960s: an invented name.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.