One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of thick embossed wallpaper, designed to be painted over.‘being a natural material, Anaglypta expands on pasting’count noun ‘unlike the other Anaglyptas, they have a flat paper backing’
wallpaper, wallcoveringView synonyms
- ‘After its debut, Anaglypta was immediately recognized as a superior product by the decorating and finishing trade.’
- ‘Some of the prevailing wallpaper options include printed patterns, textiles, grass cloths and natural materials, leathers, textures, and embossed papers such as Anaglypta and Lincrusta.’
- ‘It would be hard to find a buyer who would lavish the same degree of attention on the Anaglypta.’
- ‘Apply two coats of the soft yellow basecoat to the Anaglypta with a roller and let it dry for 4 hours.’
- ‘Lincrusta is made of a linseed oil mixture and Anaglypta is made from cotton pulp.’
Late 19th century: from Latin anaglypta ‘work in low relief’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.