One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having one American and one Asian parent.
- ‘She turned her attention and resources especially toward Amerasian children.’
- ‘They were not among the few thousand Amerasian children who came to the United States before the war's end.’
- ‘Last year this 29 year-old Amerasian woman was desperately trying to come to the United States with her husband and two children’
A person with one American and one Asian parent.
- ‘And then in 1996, after a three year search, with the help of an American writer researching Amerasians, she located her father, who came to Vietnam to meet her.’
- ‘Fifty-eight more Amerasians were flown out of Vietnam today.’
- ‘For the first time in their lives, they learn to be proud of themselves as Amerasians.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.