Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having one American and one Asian parent.
- ‘They were not among the few thousand Amerasian children who came to the United States before the war's end.’
- ‘Last year this 29 year-old Amerasian woman was desperately trying to come to the United States with her husband and two children’
- ‘She turned her attention and resources especially toward Amerasian children.’
A person with one American and one Asian parent.
- ‘For the first time in their lives, they learn to be proud of themselves as Amerasians.’
- ‘And then in 1996, after a three year search, with the help of an American writer researching Amerasians, she located her father, who came to Vietnam to meet her.’
- ‘Fifty-eight more Amerasians were flown out of Vietnam today.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.