One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Books, artefacts, and other collectors' items connected with Africa, especially southern Africa.
- ‘Two-thirds of the shop's books are Africana, plus modern first editions, and children's and illustrated books.’
- ‘That the Africana missive exists seems to me to represent evidence.’
- ‘The class is part of the Africana studies curriculum, and he is thankful for such departments.’
- ‘The museum currently exhibits no Africana save these Amistad-related materials.’
- ‘As Ive always been fascinated by books and the history of my country, it was natural for me to drift into collecting Africana books and pictures.’
- ‘Collecting Africana is unlike collecting most other materials because of the lack of well-known high-profile vendors.’
- ‘The director of the Africana studies department at the University, he has been active in developing online resources in Black studies.’
- ‘Also reflected in the correspondence is his interest in collecting Africana and antiquarian books, and in big game hunting.’
- ‘While the study of Africa is pursued today at many institutions, only a relatively few have made major commitments to collecting Africana in depth.’
- ‘We invite papers that address identity, language, and memory in Africa and the African diaspora in philosophy, religious/theological studies, and Africana philosophy.’
- ‘As a consequence, vast intellectual, humanitarian, economic and political resources will likely be brought to bear in service to the peoples of Africa, and we will need well-trained scholars in Africana studies to play a role.’
- ‘Consequently, while Africana drama can be found on stage, it easily makes a home in earth, human beings, vinyl, paper, and concrete - the stylings of soulforce know no bounds.’
- ‘In honour of its 30th anniversary, the Society will hold an Africana Congress this weekend.’
- ‘The spacious, comfortable lounge, with fireplace and open-plan kitchen is furnished with Zimbabwean teak and lovingly collected Africana’
- ‘She keeps smiling at me all the way through the dad's explanations about the bookshop, and how he collects Africana.’
- ‘He began collecting Africana and conducting research into the history and life of the Voortrekker period.’
- ‘The courses in the Africana studies department offer a global perspective, are rigorous, and demand high levels of performance by students, including critical thinking, research and extensive reading and writing.’
- ‘He is a wisdom-keeper devoted to revealing the multi-dimensionality of Africana drama.’
- ‘I imagined him to be a tweedy 40-year-old, steeped in Africana lore and smelling of cigar smoke.’
- ‘He subsequently worked in the country for 12 years until 1968, during which period he collected 'Africana' relating to Swaziland and the surrounding countries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.