Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for caracal
- ‘Caracals, also commonly called African lynx, weigh at adulthood from 25 to 45 pounds and are native to the grasslands of Africa and parts of Asia.’
- ‘In case you're curious, caracals are a type of African lynx, very fast and efficient hunters.’
- ‘The animal is also called an African lynx and desert lynx.’
- ‘The caracal, or African lynx and desert lynx as it is commonly referred to, is distributed throughout Africa, and Asia from Turkey through northwestern India to Arabia.’
- ‘The grant will fund the first year of a three-year project, beginning with a study of the impact of leopards on Namibian farmlands and the ecology of leopard, African lynx and cheetahs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.