One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dog of a small breed resembling the griffon.
- ‘Today, the German smooth-haired pinscher is considered the stepfather of several German breeds, including affenpinschers.’
- ‘The Affenpinscher's name describes it well: 'Affen' meaning monkey and 'Pinscher' meaning terrier.’
- ‘Although shaggy, given its almost one-inch coat, the general appearance of an Affenpinscher is neat.’
- ‘The affenpinscher is thought to be the most suitable for a family pet as it is very intelligent and easy to train.’
- ‘Seeing off the postman is a high point in an affenpinscher's daily routine that is hard to suppress.’
German, from Affe ‘monkey’ + Pinscher ‘terrier’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.