One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of four basic types (A, AB, B, and O) into which human blood may be classified, based on the presence or absence of certain inherited antigens.
- ‘Finally, chromosome 2 heterochromatin contains 16 vital genes, as well as the E and Rsp loci of the Segregation Distortion system, and components of the ABO system.’
- ‘Blood groups, which are generally classified by the ABO system (so we are all either A, B, O or AB) differ in their distribution in the world.’
- ‘Antibodies with haemolytic properties are common within the ABO system.’
- ‘Suitable data for testing our predictions are available in primates, for the ABO system and for color vision genes.’
- ‘In the ABO system, the surface antigens of the red cells are determined by three genes, A, B, and O.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.