Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1[mass noun] A standard European size of paper, 297 × 210 mm.[as modifier] ‘an A4 page’
- ‘Posters are to be A4 in size with the name clearly written on the front and the address on the back.’
- ‘The questionnaire, on one side of A4 paper, asks people to express their opinions on what matters to them about the village.’
- 1.1A4 paper.‘several sheets of A4’
- ‘I've somehow got through a mountain of paperwork (suffice it to say that I have used an entire 500 sheet pack of A4).’
- ‘The CV is important because you can outline skills and experience far easier on A4 than you can on a business card!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.