One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine allowing the creation of a physical object from a three-dimensional digital model, typically by laying down many thin layers of a material in succession.‘he is using his 3D printer to make a replica of a 1961 Aston Martin’
- ‘We plan to take advantage of the 3D printer's mold-printing capabilities, to make it more efficient to cast metal parts.’
- ‘It is based on rapid prototyping technology commonly used to manufacture plastic components from computer-generated blueprints - effectively a form of 3D printer.’
- ‘She designs her stuff on a computer, sometimes writing programs to help figure out the weird dimensionality of the objects, then prints it on a 3D printer.’
- ‘The best part is that you don't need access to a 3D printer.’
- ‘The researchers did a CAT scan on the skull and, using the results and a 3D printer, reproduced the spear point so that it could be compared to examples of similar Calf Creek items.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.