One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Two-dimensional.‘all of the game's graphics are 2D’‘2D animation’
The quality of being two-dimensional.‘some design problems are better understood in 2D, such as shop floor layouts’
- ‘So listen up developers - just because 3D is good doesn't mean 2D is bad.’
- ‘In 2D, its simplicity translates into yawns.’
- ‘The difference between the 3D and 2D is like in music, the difference between a musical note and the actual music.’
- ‘I love the graphic quality and the imperfection of 2D.’
- ‘These objects can be placed either in 2D or 3D to create the building model.’
- ‘In the early days, designers worked in 2D using AutoCAD.’
- ‘The images, which can be in 2D or 3D, are the size of double-decker buses.’
- ‘He also struggled with achieving the kind of detail in end-of-the-day drawings he could accomplish in 2D.’
- ‘The graphics may look 'dated' in comparison, but there is still plenty of room for great games in 2D.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.