One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not worthy of consideration.
- ‘I hadn't intended to run on at such length about the crow, which I was using simply as one example of a wider thesis: that nature remains strictly for the birds.’
- ‘Leaving the telly on is strictly for the birds…’
- ‘Purity is for the birds, as Rand would say, yet not adhere to.’
- ‘When I was 10, I told my father that this annual migration to the south was strictly for the birds.’
- ‘As for capital gains tax on main residences as well as second homes, that is strictly for the birds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.