One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(not) by far or at all.‘she had not told Rory everything, not by a long shot’
- ‘Small business is the key to prosperity and is the State's largest employer by a long shot.’
- ‘This mystifying one was our favourite by a long shot.’
- ‘We're barely into April and the serious hurling hasn't started by a long shot yet.’
- ‘We don't have our act together in Washington by a long shot.’
- ‘In 2003, the difference amounted to €7.7 billion, making Germany the biggest net contributor by a long shot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.