One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Under a moral obligation.‘I feel in honour bound to warn readers that this is a satirical publication’
- ‘As a result, George felt in honor bound to take the cubs home to Isiolo.’
- ‘Your Government has bombed and invaded the free and independent State of Poland, which this country is in honour bound to defend.’
- ‘A fisherman's buoy would very likely have the initials of a local fisherman marked on it, and you were in honour bound to take it to its owner.’
- ‘In fact, we are in honour bound as Christians to do so.’
- ‘She has deliberately broken this treaty, and we were in honour bound to stand by it.’
- ‘They are in honor bound to maintain it.’
- ‘Every soldier who fights here with me must realize that he is in honour bound not to retreat one step.’
- ‘There are things in family life that one is in honour bound to keep from the world, out of self-respect…’
- ‘I feel in honor bound to warn readers that the Onion is a satirical publication, and this post is a joke… However, I do think that there is a serious point to be made here.’
- ‘You are in honor bound to be scrupulously fair.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.