One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In the intervals between other actions.‘I have seen to the needs of my child, and in between times I have cooked the meals’
- ‘In between times, he has spent long hours preparing for his various TV appearances.’
- ‘And, in between times, I took the camera out of its case and gave it a good work-out, just to be sure that it doesn't feel neglected.’
- ‘They meet for dinner six times a year, rotating among each other's houses, and between times members often get together for sailing, theater, or concerts.’
- ‘Our refuse is now only going to be collected every two weeks and between times we get a garden refuse collection and the existing recycle collection.’
- ‘In between times he will be sharpening up his football coaching skills as a part-time Development Officer.’
- ‘In between times I resume normal life, which is good.’
- ‘In between times, short of cash, he had voiced his own character in a series of five-minute TV cartoon films.’
- ‘The problem with this is it doesn't say much for what has happened in between times.’
- ‘In between times we visited all the places of significance.’
- ‘In between times I would phone Mary and tell her my latest news.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.