One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In the intervals between other actions.‘I have seen to the needs of my child, and in between times I have cooked the meals’
- ‘The problem with this is it doesn't say much for what has happened in between times.’
- ‘Our refuse is now only going to be collected every two weeks and between times we get a garden refuse collection and the existing recycle collection.’
- ‘And, in between times, I took the camera out of its case and gave it a good work-out, just to be sure that it doesn't feel neglected.’
- ‘In between times I resume normal life, which is good.’
- ‘In between times he will be sharpening up his football coaching skills as a part-time Development Officer.’
- ‘In between times, he has spent long hours preparing for his various TV appearances.’
- ‘In between times, short of cash, he had voiced his own character in a series of five-minute TV cartoon films.’
- ‘In between times we visited all the places of significance.’
- ‘In between times I would phone Mary and tell her my latest news.’
- ‘They meet for dinner six times a year, rotating among each other's houses, and between times members often get together for sailing, theater, or concerts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.