One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But they sort of ran the place, secretaries or organisers or whatever they were, and we kids loved them, really loved them and they were as warm as toast.’
- ‘That night we slept like logs, warm as toast in our luxury tent in a campsite we'd found on the bank of the river Vedder.’
- ‘These really aid not only in keeping you dry, but warm as toast as well.’
- ‘In a few minutes the inside of the car would be as warm as toast.’
- ‘These boots will give a good grip on wet decks and worn with woollen thermal or neoprene socks will keep your feet as warm as toast.’
- ‘He's seen strange things, like shadows that dance in the corner of his eye, and felt cold spots in homes that should be as warm as toast.’
- ‘The sun is beating down and it's warm as toast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.