One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In a few minutes the inside of the car would be as warm as toast.’
- ‘These boots will give a good grip on wet decks and worn with woollen thermal or neoprene socks will keep your feet as warm as toast.’
- ‘The sun is beating down and it's warm as toast.’
- ‘But they sort of ran the place, secretaries or organisers or whatever they were, and we kids loved them, really loved them and they were as warm as toast.’
- ‘That night we slept like logs, warm as toast in our luxury tent in a campsite we'd found on the bank of the river Vedder.’
- ‘These really aid not only in keeping you dry, but warm as toast as well.’
- ‘He's seen strange things, like shadows that dance in the corner of his eye, and felt cold spots in homes that should be as warm as toast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.