One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very stupid.‘that school is where you are sent if you are thick as two planks but sporty’
stupid, unintelligent, ignorant, dense, brainless, mindless, foolish, dull-witted, dull, slow-witted, witless, doltish, slow, dunce-like, simple-minded, empty-headed, vacuous, vapid, half-witted, idiotic, moronic, imbecilicView synonyms
- ‘It's like meeting a really handsome bloke and finding out he's thick as two short planks when he opens his mouth.’
- ‘A person can be very good at reeling off facts and figures but can still be as thick as two short planks.’
- ‘This is very surprising because the man has a reputation as being thick as two planks.’
- ‘He may well be as thick as two short planks and show a reckless disregard for the facts, but he's also a grubby opportunist who thrives on the misery of others.’
- ‘Generally, I like ads that don't assume I'm as thick as two short planks and present themselves in a clever and/or funny way.’
- ‘She once described herself as ‘thick as two planks’.’
- ‘Then again, maybe I'm just as thick as two short planks, which a lot of people think.’
- ‘Maybe he's as thick as two planks and thinks she is a member of the Labor party.’
- ‘Unfortunately, I had observed the boatman was as thick as a plank.’
- ‘We knew that she was really as thick as two planks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.