One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very stupid.‘the man is as thick as poundies’
- ‘For all his eminence, for all his brains, the man is as thick as poundies.’
- ‘We are perceived as thick as poundies.’
- ‘He was boorish and ignorant—"as thick as poundies" he would claim proudly.’
- ‘I care nothing for the fellows in this town—they are thick as poundies.’
- ‘The teachers told him he was as thick as poundies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.