One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without any doubt.‘‘You're sure about that?’ ‘Sure as eggs is eggs.’’
- ‘If you're shopping around for a personal loan, as sure as eggs is eggs, you'll be offered payment protection insurance.’
- ‘Had I not encountered Mr Rabbit I'd have ploughed right into them, sure as eggs is eggs.’
- ‘Be very wary of telling the salesperson your maximum budget because, as sure as eggs is eggs, you'll end up paying this - and often even more.’
- ‘This year it took until the 3 days before the end of the holiday, but as sure as eggs is eggs it happened.’
- ‘Second, it is a fact that two cockerels in proximity - whether bred for fighting or not - will, as sure as eggs is eggs, eventually attempt to murder each other.’
- ‘If we don't, sure as eggs is eggs, the food chain will become corrupted beyond repair, and the gene pool turned back into primal soup.’
- ‘The cat doesn't want to be watched and I sure as eggs is eggs don't want to see.’
- ‘It is as sure as fate that, as long as such a direct method of attack exists, it will be used.’
- ‘Serena was always going to win her first Wimbledon final as sure as eggs is eggs.’
- ‘She'll try for another position in London, sure as eggs is eggs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.