One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without any doubt.‘‘You're sure about that?’ ‘Sure as eggs is eggs.’’
- ‘Serena was always going to win her first Wimbledon final as sure as eggs is eggs.’
- ‘Be very wary of telling the salesperson your maximum budget because, as sure as eggs is eggs, you'll end up paying this - and often even more.’
- ‘It is as sure as fate that, as long as such a direct method of attack exists, it will be used.’
- ‘She'll try for another position in London, sure as eggs is eggs.’
- ‘The cat doesn't want to be watched and I sure as eggs is eggs don't want to see.’
- ‘Had I not encountered Mr Rabbit I'd have ploughed right into them, sure as eggs is eggs.’
- ‘If we don't, sure as eggs is eggs, the food chain will become corrupted beyond repair, and the gene pool turned back into primal soup.’
- ‘Second, it is a fact that two cockerels in proximity - whether bred for fighting or not - will, as sure as eggs is eggs, eventually attempt to murder each other.’
- ‘If you're shopping around for a personal loan, as sure as eggs is eggs, you'll be offered payment protection insurance.’
- ‘This year it took until the 3 days before the end of the holiday, but as sure as eggs is eggs it happened.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.