One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
obstinate, stubborn as a mule, mulish, headstrong, wilful, strong-willed, self-willed, pig-headed, bull-headed, obdurate, awkward, difficult, contrary, perverse, recalcitrant, refractoryView synonyms
- ‘They may be stubborn as a mule, but that doesn't mean they won't budge.’
- ‘I ride him at home and he is quite a character, as stubborn as a mule.’
- ‘They smell, they drool, they're stubborn as a mule.’
- ‘Grandmama was threatening to switch me, but I was stubborn as a mule.’
- ‘You're great-great-grandmother was like this, stubborn as a mule.’
- ‘She was blunt, short-tempered, arrogant, independent, out-spoken, and stubborn as a mule.’
- ‘You know that I'm as stubborn as a mule and if I wanted to be, I could be mad at you forever, but I can't be.’
- ‘Even though she wasn't here, and even though his father was as stubborn as a mule, Caspian wasn't particularly worried.’
- ‘‘Well, he said that Talison is beautiful and stubborn as a mule,’ Joss said casually.’
- ‘She was as stubborn as a mule with an ego as big as the Pacific Ocean.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.