One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unpredictable; foolish and absurd.‘even as a nipper he was silly as a two-bob watch’
- ‘This movie is a German import and is as silly as a two-bob watch.’
- ‘'This is as crazy as a two-bob watch,' he muttered.’
- ‘She was a looker but silly as a two-bob watch.’
- ‘Our brigadier, 'Mad Mick' Monaghan, was crazy as a two-bob watch.’
- ‘They say that by the end he was as silly as a two-bob watch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.