One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lacking in refinement or sophistication.‘the housing was rough as guts’
- ‘Sure, some of these huts were rough as guts, but that was part of the deal.’
- ‘I saw her two weeks ago: she was looking rough as guts.’
- ‘It sounded unpolished and the production was a bit ropey; they always sounded rough as guts.’
- ‘The coffee was rough as guts though, but still better than the mud they serve at our local cafes.’
- ‘Their first album was a rough as guts lo-fi recording, but featured considerable verve and passion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.