One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lacking in refinement or sophistication.‘the housing was rough as guts’
- ‘It sounded unpolished and the production was a bit ropey; they always sounded rough as guts.’
- ‘I saw her two weeks ago: she was looking rough as guts.’
- ‘The coffee was rough as guts though, but still better than the mud they serve at our local cafes.’
- ‘Their first album was a rough as guts lo-fi recording, but featured considerable verve and passion.’
- ‘Sure, some of these huts were rough as guts, but that was part of the deal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.