One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extremely pleasant or polite.‘the girl she spoke to was as nice as pie’
- ‘"When I'm off the pitch, I will be as nice as pie. I'll sign autographs, I'll smile, but as soon as I cross the white line, I am there to win the game."’
- ‘My son is as sweet as pie, but he has ADHD and sometimes its overwhelming for me to have to deal with him.’
- ‘She would act all sweet as pie until the director shouted, ‘Action!’’
- ‘She could be as nice as pie in a few days, that's been the pattern recently.’
- ‘However, she gains no support from her husband, who is the epitome of the couch potato, nor her neighbor Judy, who is as sweet as pie and about as bright.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.