One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extremely pleasant or polite.‘the girl she spoke to was as nice as pie’
- ‘She could be as nice as pie in a few days, that's been the pattern recently.’
- ‘"When I'm off the pitch, I will be as nice as pie. I'll sign autographs, I'll smile, but as soon as I cross the white line, I am there to win the game."’
- ‘However, she gains no support from her husband, who is the epitome of the couch potato, nor her neighbor Judy, who is as sweet as pie and about as bright.’
- ‘My son is as sweet as pie, but he has ADHD and sometimes its overwhelming for me to have to deal with him.’
- ‘She would act all sweet as pie until the director shouted, ‘Action!’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.