One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extremely or completely full.‘any decent hotel was as full as a Pommy complaint box’
- ‘The bin was as full as a Pommy complaint-box yesterday, so hopefully some lazy person has emptied it out since.’
- ‘When he's as full as a Pommy complaint-box, he'll come home and spend the night flat out like a lizard drinking.’
- ‘When he'd finished eating, Dave pronounced himself 'full as a Pommy's complaint box'.’
- ‘What do ya expect, geezer? He's as full as a Pommy's complaint box!’
- ‘It's certain we will wind up as full as a pommy complaint box.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.