One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very cold.‘her hand was as cold as ice’
- ‘He could see why Sarah wouldn't like him; he was as cold as stone.’
- ‘For example, a person may complain of feeling as if they have a constant lump in the throat, feeling as if they must sigh all the time, feeling inappropriate anger, or that their lower body is as cold as ice, or that they are anxious all the time.’
- ‘I glared up at his face, which was like usual, as cold as stone.’
- ‘Buck looked at Dr. Rake and Philip whose faces were as cold as stone.’
- ‘June 19, 2006 - It looks like a rainbow that's been set on fire, but this phenomenon is as cold as ice.’
- ‘I absolutely hated that school,’ Ian said with a voice as cold as ice.’
- ‘His eyes, that had once been so warm, were now as cold as ice.’
- ‘‘Not a word, Nathaniel,’ she commanded, her words as cold as ice.’
- ‘He was as cold as stone, no true emotion lay behind his eyes.’
- ‘‘They're dead,’ he said in a voice as cold as ice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.