One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Intelligently alert and lively.‘some of them are frail physically but are as bright as a button in their minds’
- ‘He was sat up in bed, looking bright as a button, his face full of the square-jawed confident grin.’
- ‘He was as bright as a button, full of humour and with a large dash of devilment thrown in!’
- ‘As she felt as bright as a button she decided to hunt for a while.’
- ‘Cole was bright as a button down the left and Babbel in the other direction made things interesting.’
- ‘Gary's bright as a button; he's seven.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.