One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Intensely black.‘the clouds as black as soot’
- ‘And I never would have believed it a military unit, even one from the North, cause every face I saw was as black as soot.’
- ‘Sato entered the now dark lab in search of Cornelius who was as black as soot.’
- ‘He pulled back his hood with a hand as black as soot.’
- ‘The skin was black as soot, and smooth as if not really skin at all.’
- ‘The next day dawned overcast and louring, the clouds as black as soot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.