One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extremely —‘she said it out loud, clear as anything’
- ‘She was tough as anything.’
- ‘Hanson looked up from his paper, and they exchanged a mild look, which said as plainly as anything: "This isn't what we expected."’
- ‘All of a sudden, the basement seemed very quiet, and Rocky heard the girl's words as clear as anything.’
- ‘The beef is tenderloin, seared quickly, tender as anything and tossed in a good, sweet/sour teriyaki glaze.’
- ‘He came running over as fast as anything.’
- ‘Some days she was as nice as anything, and other days I couldn't say a word without a snide comment.’
- ‘But these lads are as hungry as anything and well capable of taking anyone's place.’
- ‘Her stance was as cute as anything, regularly pointing the toe of her shoe to the floor in a ballerina-like pose’
- ‘He flew around in circles for a while, as fast as anything, and then finally came down for a smooth landing.’
- ‘I could see her as clear as anything, and she seemed to be smiling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.