Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Am.‘I'm a doctor’
- ‘So on the other issue, Im going with what Mathew Ingram said.’
- ‘"I 'm going to live until I die," he said at one of the meetings.’
- ‘I'm going to spend about 15 minutes taking it all off.’
- ‘Yes'm, I noticed that also.’
- ‘Firmly gripped by his shirt front, the boy said, "Yesm."’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.